upma recipe, how to make rava upma recipe | upma recipes
Upma recipe, how to make rava upma recipe | upma recipes
Upma is a South Indian dish prepared for breakfast. Upma is made from rava or semolina and is a healthy and tasty dish.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 bowl semolina rava or sooji
- ½ bowl finely chopped coriander for garnishing
- 200 ml Water
- ½ bowl peanuts roasted
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 5 Curry leaves
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- Lemon slices for garnishing
- First roast the semolina (rava or sooji) in a pan till its golden brown.
- Then finely chop onion. If you like more onion you can chop another small onion for garnishing purpose.
- Now finely chop the coriander or cilantro.
- Heat 3 tablespoon of oil in a pan on a medium flame.
- Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds and cumin seeds to the oil and let them pop.
- Then add curry leaves and chopped onion and lower the flame.
- Add peanuts to the oil and fry them for 2 minutes.
- Now add chili powder and turmeric powder to the oil and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Now add water to the pan and let it come to a boil.
- 10. Finally add the roasted semolina to the pan and slowly stir the mixture.
- 11. Add salt to taste and cover it with a lid and cook it for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame.
- 12. Once the Upma starts solidifying and is cooked properly, turn off the flame.
- 13. Remove the upma in a plate and garnish it with chopped coriander, some roasted peanuts, crunchy sev and chopped onion.
- 14. Our upma is ready to enjoy.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe. Thank you for visiting. If you have any doubts or comments, feel free to ask them below. Please rate and share this recipe with your friends. Thanks you!!!!!!
Let me know what you think in the comments section below.
Check Out My Homemade Mango Ice Cream:
You Might Be Interested In South-Indian Recipe Of Tomato Chutney. It Won’t Disappoint You!!!
Check Out My Restaurant Style Jeera Rice Recipe:
You can also check my Street style kanda poha recipe. It’s a popular breakfast dish in India.