Lemon Pickle Recipe | How to make Nimbu ka Aachar
Lemon Pickle is a tangy sweet and authentic Indian side dish. Lemon pickle is usually served as a side dish during lunch.
It also can be given with breakfast recipes like Kanda Poha and thalipeeth(Indian Spicy flat bread).
- 25 lemons
- 1 bowl of salt
- ½ bowl of chili powder
- ¼ bowl of turmeric powder
- 5 teaspoon of Asafoetida
- 2 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds
- 1 bowl Sugar
- 250 ml of cooking oil
- First wash and dry all the lemons.
- Now cut each lemon into 4 pieces.
- First add the fenugreek seeds in hot oil, fry till it becomes golden brown in color.
- Now remove the fenugreek seeds out of the oil and grind it coarsely.
- Now take a glass bowl and add pieces of lemon, the coarsely grinded fenugreek seeds, salt, chili powder, turmeric, Asafoetida and the sugar.
- Now mix it all well with clean and dry spoon.
- Now fill it in a clean and dry air tight container.
- Now heat some oil and let it cool for some time and then add it to the container.
- The oil acts as a natural preservative just like the salt and sugar.
- 10. Your Lemon pickle is ready!!!!!
Make sure the container is air tight and completely dry.
This will make sure that there is no fungal growth.
Also make sure whenever you remove the pickle you remove it with a clean and dry spoon and then immediately close the lid.
If you liked this recipe of lemon pickle, please hit that like button; please share this Recipe with your friends, family and colleagues.
Let me know what you think in the comments section below.
Check out my homemade mango ice cream:
You might be interested in South-Indian recipe of tomato chutney. It won’t disappoint you!!!
Check out my Restaurant style jeera rice recipe:
You can also check my Street style kanda poha recipe. It’s a popular breakfast dish in India.