Kanda Bhaji Recipe | How to make Onion Pakoda | How to make Kanda Bhaji
Kanda Bhaji Recipe
Kanda Bhaji is a traditional Indian snack which literally translates to deep fried onion fritters.Though you can enjoy Kanda bhaji any time, but imagine when it’s raining outside, there is cold breeze blowing and some nice old melodies are playing on radio. It’s the perfect atmosphere I can imagine to enjoy Kanda bhaji and hot tea. I am just doing this exact thing while writing this recipe.
- 3 medium size onions
- 1 green chili
- 2 bowl chickpea flour Besan
- 2 tablespoon Pigeon pea flour toor dal
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- Water for batter
- First chop onion into long stands such that it’s neither finely chopped nor it’s too big pieces.
- Then finely chop the green chili.
- Now mix the chickpea flour and chili powder and Pigeon pea flour and cumin seeds such that its evenly mixed and there are no lumps formed.
- Now in another container take chopped onion and add salt and turmeric powder to it and let it get marinated for half an hour.
- This will cause the onion to release its water and make the fritters or kanda bhaji more crispy and light.
- After half an hour add the mixture of flour and spices to the marinated onion and then add green chili.
- Now mix this batter to form a consistent and lump free batter.
- Don’t add additional water, or if needed add very little water. We don’t want a fluid consistency, nor do we need dry batter. We need a sticky, solid but enough wet consistency.
- Now heat 2 tablespoon of oil and then add it to the batter.
- This will make the fritters crispy and light.
- Mix well, and heat oil on medium flame for deep frying the fritters.
- Once the oil is hot add small dumpling to the oil and deep fry it on low to medium flame till they are golden brown.
- Now remove it in serving plate, serve it with tomato Ketchup and/or Pudina Chutney (Mint Chutney).
- Hope you guys enjoyed this recipe. Let me know in the comments below.
Let me know what you think in the comments section below.
CHECK OUT MY HOMEMADE MANGO ICE CREAM:
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN SOUTH-INDIAN RECIPE OF TOMATO CHUTNEY. IT WON’T DISAPPOINT YOU!!!
CHECK OUT MY RESTAURANT STYLE JEERA RICE RECIPE:
You can also check my Street style kanda poha recipe. It’s a popular breakfast dish in India.